My latest addition to my toddler’s closet is a soft and comfy Soul Snuggly Baby Blanket from the renowned babywearing brand Soul (the ones who brought Ring Slings to India!). The blanket has been going with my baby to all places and giving a lot of snuggles at home too. Here is my review of our new ‘blankie’ and a chance for one of you to win one for your own sweet Angel!
I am a baby blanket loving mom. Over the last 10 years and 3 babies, I have collected a number of lovely looking blankets for my kiddos. Few things can match that feeling of tucking your baby in a soft and snuggly blanket. But by the time I had my third, I started to look for more from my purchases than just pretty looks. The terms ‘organic’, ‘ethical’, ‘environmental friendly’, ‘local’ etc. have begun to mean a lot. My preference for handmade, high-quality baby products made locally has grown considerably and I am looking beyond the factory-made solutions. When I was approached by Soul for reviewing their Soul Snuggly Baby Blanket, I was only too happy to agree. Not only are Soul known for their ‘Made in India’ babywearing products, but also for their use of natural fibers and their ethical manufacturing practices.
A Little About ‘Soul’
Soul, originally known for their famous baby carriers, have now launched a line of accessories in their trademark woven fabrics. Soul products are made by parents, for parents and are sure to be the best. Proud parents Chinmayie and Ravindra have set up an ethical and completely green manufacturing unit in Bangalore which gets a big nod of approval from me! They work with local artisans who hand-weave the fabrics which is another thing that I loved about them.
My Soul Snuggly Baby Blanket
Choosing from their lovely fabrics is not an easy task, but I finally chose a beautiful diamond patterned jacquard called ‘Topaz‘. This lovely blanket is teal with blue lines on side and blue with teal lines on the other. It is a break from the loud prints on some baby fabrics and the comparatively dull ones with no prints at all. I quite love the muted-down, elegant look of this one.
My toddler has been using this blanket for a few days now and here is what we loved about it, other than the looks.
What We Loved!
1. Lightweight: This is the perfect baby blanket to carry in your baby/diaper bag. I have replaced the bulkier ‘blankie’ in my bag with this one. It is perfect to carry along on road trips and daily commuting. My baby (and her older siblings) fall asleep in the car EVERY SINGLE DAY and I love how handy this blanket is, to pull out and cover them. The soft and light blanket is perfect for our Indian weather and warm days when traveling abroad.
2. Baby Safe: Like I said earlier, a new set of product properties have become important for me. It has been a part of my learning process as a mom. I now look for more and more products that are natural and specifically marked safe for babies. Soul blanket fabric is made of natural fibers and uses baby-safe dyes. This ensures that the fabric will never feel rough against the baby’s gentle skin and cause rashes or any other discomfort.
3. Size: Did I mention how quickly babies grow up? I have been talking about nothing else these days! At 45″ x 48″, the Soul Snuggly Baby Blanket is a perfect size for nut just tucking or wrapping your baby in, you can snuggle inside during reading time too 🙂
Also, one thing I really hate is when baby wraps turn out to be too small for babies. I am a swaddling mom and love comfortable sized wraps. The Soul blanket is not only the perfect fabric to wrap your babies, it is also slightly larger than my largest swaddle blanket!
If you have an upcoming baby shower or toddler birthday, a Soul Snuggly Baby Blanket would make an ideal gift. You could also pair it with matching soft sole shoes from their store. Almost all Soul products are available in the same fabrics should you like to create your own set to buy or gift. For now, how about getting one completely free?!
And now for the most exciting part. One of my readers gets a chance to experience the Snuggly blanket! To enter the giveaway, you need to follow these steps. A winner will be RANDOMLY chosen.
- Follow FabulousMomLife on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter (You can follow on any one if you do not have accounts on all of them)
- Follow Soul on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter (You can follow on any one if you do not have accounts on all of them)
- Tag 2 Moms in the comments on my Giveaway posts on any social media account. (One entry for each additional mom tagged – If the mom has already been tagged before by another participant, no entry will be added).
FOR ADDITIONAL ENTRIES:
- Comment below to let me know you have participated.
- Subscribe to my blog by filling up your email in the form on the sidebar. This keeps you notified of my new posts + giveaways and is a great way to stay in touch!
- Join the Soul Family at https://www.facebook.com/
- Browse through my blog. If you like any post, please leave a comment to share your thoughts. (one entry for one comment – only comments made during the period of the contest will be valid as long as the basic participation requirements are fulfilled).
- Contest Winner should have an Indian address for the prize to be shipped to
- Contest begins from Monday, 23rd January to Sunday, 29th January.
- Make your social media accounts public so they can be verified.
- After the winners are selected, they will need to choose their favorite Soul Snuggly Baby Blanket pattern so that it can be shipped to them.